Friday, December 18, 2009

Weird Dessert

I have eaten all sorts of weird shit: offal in Rome, chargrilled lambs tail, tongue, brains and fish eyeballs etc.
The weirdness now extends to Vietnamese desserts.  My colleagues are real food nuts!  They sell their desserts in the work canteen, you can also buy spring rolls fresh deep fried or frozen.  There is also prawn sticks that are wedged onto stalks of bamboo shoot (I think).
The dessert is mostly coconut milk with green food coloured noodles floating around like gizzards, and then there is some ice and some chewy ice looking glutinous stuff - No idea what that is?
Check it out:


Giles

3 comments:

  1. Did you hear anyone say "Tôi cược bạn không thể làm cho anh ta ăn mà"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I did, but I can't be sure although I did hear "Tôi đặt cược bạn ông là rất bệnh!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dissapointed we didn't see a photo of you eating it. Pictures worth a thousond words.

    ReplyDelete

Tell TheScullery your thoughts...