Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quote: "I know French cooking, I've been to France!"

It's not often you get the chance to go to Paris at the drop of a hat. Let alone get paid to do it...
Eating, drinking and seeing some of the innumerable sights, oh and working. Highlights include the vino, the baked cheese and the steaming hot Cassoulet.

So when I got home I looked at all the duck fat at the local Foodland and the fresh Luv A Duck birds and think  Quote: "I know French cooking, I've been to France!" scoff-scoff-snort-snort-what-what!!
So here's my attempt at confit duck.
Of course there is so much history behind the method of confit and the gift of extended storage under duck fat. Examples of peasants surviving long winters without much yet eating heartily on duck cooked months earlier and I could go on about the ventricular benefits as well.

But here are some messy butchering snaps....






Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell TheScullery your thoughts...