Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Food file - What has been happening?

You know there is going to be good story with a string of photos. Well there is no apparent link to loop them all together in a tenuous daisy chain of foodie fatness and over indulging....

This photo is on the balcony in Townsville with my Brothers in laws and our family having just arrived from the south... Nothing says welcome like a shit load of seafood! I think I made that door stop of a cheese board in the centre of the table... I might have to make another to avoid them suing me for sever spine pain?!
Coopers Vintage Ale has sort of had a mental block for me - like the times you went to the fridge with the munchies and completely decimate the weekly shop and wonder how why what? Well I just think they (Coopers) should just hold onto it longer and it would sell better - or do as the Belgians do - use "Bret" yeast...
Well here is a calorie count that is truly off the scale - A Tart ta tin (spelling? TinTin?) with a crushed macadamia magnum in the guts - not for the faint of heart cos that faint heart would surely fizzle to a painful stop. It was rich creamy and crispy - I was well pleased with my tart!
The Royal Adelaide Show has many hidden treats, most of which should remain hidden - but the SA branch of the CWA is truly a haven for the inevitably disillusioned show goer! Scones, Jam and cream, pot of tea and a cup of soup with buttered wholemeal bread for a morning tea $11 You beauty! Thanks Nana!

My fathers love affair with any sort of Sauternais wine continues - and I do not mind when he leaves the odd bottle behind.
Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell TheScullery your thoughts...