Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gastronomic weekend! Review.

When I travel I try and make it worth the effort, I cram as much in as I can to justify the costs involved. Flying to Melbourne for a weekend of fun, frivolity and little sleep is the general rule of thumb.
Itinerary.
Friday evening: Atticus Finch, casual eatery and easy going quality boozer.
Saturday: My siblings house warming Coburg style, with 'El Salvodar' street food.
Saturday evening: Vue de Monde, haute cuisine to test your senses.
Saturday evening late: Transit Bar, 'Fed' Square. Not much food after thirteen courses at Vue but plenty of whisky and a great band 'Shuffle Club'.

Sunday was spent loudly questioning the sexuality and or parentage of 'the men in white' at a large indoor sporting venue. Thrilled with the tough two point win of the fairer team we burrowed back into the city to beat the taste of draught from my head - both like named foes were defeated. Flights were on time and home beckoned. Penne Puttanesca, SBS and the purring kitten is how the week ended. The gastronomic hangover will last a lifetime.

Read about the best bits soon...

Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell TheScullery your thoughts...